An SLA is the promise of response time we make to our clients, and you are how we make that happen. Our Incident Managers are our first responders, who ensure that an SLA is never missed. Your role will involve using our monitoring tools to track the health of sites, addressing issues by working closely with our Support Engineers, and communicating directly with our clients in case of requests or escalations. With our Incident Managers switched on 24/7 for lightning-quick responses to just about everything, Just After Midnight wouldn’t be who we are without you.
We are looking for an Incident Manager to join our friendly Singapore team. The role involves working in two areas:
You will be trained as an Incident Manager, whose role is to closely monitor our client’s websites and applications. This involves triaging issues, following the correct procedures during incidents and dealing with requests from clients. You will own incidents and manage these until resolution, and be the face of Just After Midnight delivering excellent service directly to our clients who depend on us to keep their websites available 24/7. You’ll receive the equipment and training necessary to perform this job, along with ongoing training sessions to increase your skills and confidence.
This role is part-time and will require at least committing to at least 2 days a week, one of which will be a Saturday or Sunday worked from home.
You will assist the Just After Midnight team with administrative tasks such as scheduling and preparing reports, for which training will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with administrative work such as scheduling and reporting
- Handling incident manager duties, acting as the bridge between JAM and our clients
- Answering emails and calls from clients, responding to incidents and requests quickly and calmly and following up where necessary
- Building communication between the different teams in order to reach a solution, whilst updating the client regularly on their progress
- Ensure that client requests are assigned promptly and carried out satisfactorily
We want you as you are – inquisitive, proactive and eager to do your part for a team that will always have your back, with the drive and focus to work independently as needed. The ability to perform and communicate calmly under pressure is key, as you will often be our clients’ first point of contact. Training will be provided in the role, but you will need to know your way around a computer. Just the basics, we won’t ask you to show off your formula knowledge in Excel, don’t worry. Experience in customer management and excellent interpersonal skills would be a bonus, but the must-haves are a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
The qualities and skills we look for in our Incident Managers:
- Time management and organisation
- Attention to detail
- Clear and positive thinking
- Fast problem-solving and analytical skills
- Empathy for customers and the ability to listen to their needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with the technical support team
We’d also love to know if you have:
- An eagerness to learn new technologies and systems
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning and improvement – there will be a lot to learn as our business develops and grows
- An understanding of website development/hosting basics is an advantage but not essential
Just After Midnight
We are one of the most well-respected 24/7 technical support teams in the industry. We are the go-to support partner for protecting digital revenue and reputation, through cloud hosting services and DevOps design and implementation.
We are in our sixth year of operation and growing very fast, with staff and offices in London, Singapore, Australia and the US. Our clients include global and national brands such as Dyson, The Body Coach, Volvo and UK Power Networks.
We are made up of a mixed bunch of night owls, early birds, part-timers and 9-5ers. We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people to join us. Working here means being in an environment where self-motivation, discipline and flexibility are the norms.
Benefits and salary
- A competitive rate of pay
- Opportunities for travel and transfer between offices
- Flexible working – we all come from different backgrounds and personal situations. We want you to be able to do your job, whilst still being able to handle your personal commitments.
- Health benefits
- Company pension
- Committed to equal opportunities
- A fund dedicated to your learning and development
Want to get to know our team even better? Take a closer look here.